The key to well-being is starting and ending your day on the right foot. Your mind sometimes works against you in this, but there are ways to help it work for you instead. Here are some ideas on where to start.
Begin by creating a morning routine. This will set the tone for your entire day. It is important to get up more or less at the same time every day so you don’t constantly ask your body to adjust.
Here are some healthy habits to adopt
1. Make your bed (an organized environment helps create an organized mind)
2. Take a shower (if it’s not in your evening routine it might help you to wake up)
3. Get dressed, whether you are going somewhere or not. It will help your motivation.
4. Brush your hair and teeth. If you’re a male shave. If you’re a female put some make-up on. Anything that will make you feel good about yourself.
5. Eat breakfast (fruits, eggs, yogurt, toast…)
6. Go for a short walk. If you work, try taking the bus so you will get some exercise or park your car at the back of the parking lot.
End your day with an evening routine to prepare your body to go to sleep. As with your morning routine, try going to bed more or less at the same time every day. Your bedroom should be the place where you go to sleep or relax. Avoid doing other things in bed. Here is a list of things to do and things you should try to avoid.
If you don’t have routines don’t worry, start small and try different things and see how you feel. You don’t have to change everything at once. If you have a morning and evening routine already congratulations! See if you can improve it. These healthy habits will set you on the road to well-being.